There is a terrible paradox every man runs up against at some point. We all start out thinking that success and happiness are to be found in accomplishment. We think that in doing, we will find life. But at some point, this strategy fails us, often miserably. Our emotions become strained, our relationships frazzled, and our inner lives starved. We begin to wonder if life is found not in doing, but in being — being at rest with oneself and with God.
The Half Day of Silence provides men a chance to explore when it is like to be at rest for a few hours. Guidance with prayer and Scripture is given to help structure the silence. In addition, spiritual direction is offered if desired to help process what is happening. Along with a catered lunch, there is also be some instruction about silence, time to rest, and time to walk in a quiet forested area. The hope is that each man will encounter the living Christ in the silence.
- Dates for 2021: Friday, April 23. Tickets are now available. Future dates for the summer and fall will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Time: 12:00 - 4:30 pm
- Place: A secluded forest home outside of Bellevue, TN, about 30 minutes from downtown Nashville. Directions will be sent once a ticket has been purchased.
- Cost: $115. This includes a time of spiritual direction with Bill. A catered lunch, snacks, and coffee/tea are also included in the cost. Scholarships/fee reductions are available if needed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Number: Each Half Day of Silence is limited to 5 men on a first-come basis.
- Purchase Ticket Online: To reserve a spot for April 23, please purchase your ticket online below.