There is a terrible paradox every man runs up against at some point. We all start out thinking that success and happiness are to be found in accomplishment. We think that in doing, we will find life. But at some point, this strategy fails us, often miserably. Our emotions become strained, our relationships frazzled, and our inner lives starved. We begin to wonder if life is found not in doing, but in being — being at rest with oneself and with God.
The Half Day of Silence provides men a chance to explore when it is like to be at rest for a few hours. Guidance with prayer and Scripture is given to help structure the silence. In addition, spiritual direction is offered if desired to help process what is happening. Along with a catered lunch, there is also be some instruction about silence and lots of time to rest or walk. The hope is that each man will encounter the living Christ in the silence.
- Dates for 2023: All half-day retreats will be on Fridays. The next retreats are on March 10 and May 12. Future dates in 2023 will be posted as they are scheduled.
- Time: 12:00 - 4:30 pm.
- Place: A private home on the north side of Franklin, TN. There will be plenty of room to spread out indoors as well as lots of options to be outside. Directions will be sent once a ticket has been purchased.
- Cost: $115. This includes a time of spiritual direction with Bill. A catered lunch and coffee/tea are also included in the cost. Use the button below to purchase a ticket. Scholarships/fee reductions are available if needed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Number: Each Half Day of Silence is limited to 5 men on a first-come basis.
- Registration: To register and reserve your spot, please click the button below to purchase a ticket.