Most men live in a state of constant busyness. The accumulation of stress and anxiety from such a lifestyle is toxic to both body and soul. A day of silence is a chance for a man to leave the busyness behind and find rest for his soul. Guidance with prayer and Scripture is given to help structure the silence. In addition, there is a time of spiritual direction to help process what is he is experiencing. There will also be time to walk the trails on the property and rest. The hope is that each man will encounter the living Jesus and find what he needs for his own journey ahead.
From men who have experienced the Day of Silence:
"As someone who has struggled to find real intimacy with God and, as a result, has sought false forms of intimacy in other places, I found the Day of Silence particularly impactful as it gave me a chance to just sit back and let God do the work that He knew I needed in my heart. I felt a real presence of Jesus by my side in a way that I had never felt before."
"Life for me can be exhausting and discouraging. The Day of Silence is a way that I've found to stop, rest, and listen. And what's crazy is that the Lord actually moves and speaks in the effort of stillness."
- Dates for 2019: May 17 and July 5. All dates are on Fridays.
- Place: Bethany Retreat House in Dickson, TN, about an hour from downtown Nashville.
- Cost: $100. This includes use of the facility and one hour of spiritual direction with Bill. A full lunch is also included in the cost.
- Number: Each day of silence is limited to 6 men on a first-come basis.
- Reservations: To reserve a spot, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date that you would like to come. You will then receive payment information and other details.