Most men live in a state of constant busyness. The accumulation of stress, anxiety, and disorientation from such a lifestyle is toxic to a man's soul. Yet true masculinity can only be found and maintained by entering silence. The Day of Silence provides men with just such an opportunity. Guidance with prayer and Scripture is given to help structure the silence. In addition, spiritual direction is offered to help process what is he is experiencing. Finally, there is a lot of time to walk the trails on the property and just rest. The hope is that each man will encounter the living Christ and find what he needs for his own journey ahead.
From men who have experienced the Day of Silence:
"As someone who has struggled to find real intimacy with God and, as a result, has sought false forms of intimacy in other places, I found the Day of Silence particularly impactful as it gave me a chance to just sit back and let God do the work that He knew I needed in my heart. I felt a real presence of Jesus by my side in a way that I had never felt before."
"Life for me can be exhausting and discouraging. The Day of Silence is a way that I've found to stop, rest, and listen. And what's crazy is that the Lord actually moves and speaks in the effort of stillness."
"The Day of Silence was a day to intentionally disconnect from the noise and distractions of the world to quiet my heart and connect with God. I found it immensely restoring and left feeling more full of the life of God on the inside than I’ve felt in quite a long time. "
- Dates for 2021: The Day of Silence on Monday, May 10 is already filled. The next one will be on Sept. 20. Tickets are now available. There will be a final Day of Silence on Nov. 15.
- Time: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Place: Bethany Retreat House near Dickson, TN
- Cost: $145. This includes use of this beautiful facility and one hour of spiritual direction with Bill. Lunch, snacks, and coffee/tea are also included in the cost. Scholarships/fee reductions are available if needed by emailing email@example.com
- Number: Each Day of Silence is limited to 5 men on a first-come basis.
- Purchase Ticket Online: To reserve a spot for Sept. 20, please purchase your ticket online below.