Most men live in a state of constant busyness. The accumulation of stress, anxiety, and disorientation from such a lifestyle is toxic to a man's soul. Yet true masculinity can only be found and maintained by entering silence. The Day of Silence provides men with just such an opportunity. Guidance with prayer and Scripture is given to help structure the silence. In addition, spiritual direction is offered to help process what is he is experiencing. Finally, there is a lot of time to walk the trails on the property and just rest. The hope is that each man will encounter the living Christ and find what he needs for his own journey ahead.
From men who have experienced the Day of Silence:
"As someone who has struggled to find real intimacy with God and, as a result, has sought false forms of intimacy in other places, I found the Day of Silence particularly impactful as it gave me a chance to just sit back and let God do the work that He knew I needed in my heart. I felt a real presence of Jesus by my side in a way that I had never felt before."
"Life for me can be exhausting and discouraging. The Day of Silence is a way that I've found to stop, rest, and listen. And what's crazy is that the Lord actually moves and speaks in the effort of stillness."
- Dates for 2019 and 2020: Sept. 13, Jan. 17, May 8. All dates are on Fridays.
- Place: Bethany Retreat House in Dickson, TN, about an hour from downtown Nashville.
- Cost: $120. This includes use of this beautiful facility and one hour of spiritual direction with Bill. A delicious lunch, snacks, drinks, and coffee/tea are also included in the cost.
- Number: Each day of silence is limited to 5 men on a first-come basis.
- Reservations: To reserve a spot, email email@example.com with the date that you would like to come. You will then receive payment information and other details.